Audials can record the video streaming of most video streaming services into video files. In general this works like this:
1. Choose in the main view „Video streaming“.
2. Click the tile of the streaming service you want to record from.
3. If you didn't preset to use a specific browser, choose the browser to record from.
Supported are: Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
4. The browser will be re-started by Audials for you, as it must be started with command line „—no-sandbox“.
5. In the browser, play the video you like to record.
6. Once the video plays, Audials will automatically detect it after a few seconds, and the recording begins.
Troubleshooting in case the video is not detected
It may seldomly happen, that in step 6. from above, although you play back the video, it is not detected by Audials, so that nothing happens and the recording doesn’t start.
In that case, you might try the following steps:
a. Assure that the browser is started by Audials
Close all browser windows (additionally you might check in „Task manager“ that no more browser processes are running).
Then follow the above steps, and make sure that Audials starts the browser for you in step 4. This is necessary in order that Audials can detect the video.
b. Try a different browser
Audials supports Chrome, Edge and Firefox. If the video was not detected while playing in your browser of choice, there is a good chance, that in another browser, it will be detected.
You can pre-select the browser in the bottomright area of the „Video Streaming“ view, or set it there to „Browser:ask“ – then you will be asked for each video recording session.
c. Reboot Windows and try again
In some situations it may help to reboot your Windows, and try again.
d. Try a different Audials tool to record the video
The standard way to click a tile for your streaming service of choice will record it with the optimal recording tool.
If this fails, you can try to use a different recording tool:
At the bottom of „Video Streaming“, choose „Other Source / Screen Recording“. From the menu
- Try „High-quality Direct Recording > Record one video“
- Or „Screen Recording > Record Screen“
e. Contact support
If all of the above fails, the reason might be that the streaming service you are trying to record recently did some changes, which made it incompatible with the Audials video streaming recording.
Audials regularly receives free updates which maintain compatibility.
In case you have reproduced that with a specific video streaming source and all the above possibilities still fail, please contact the Audials support.