Audials can name your songs according to the scheme artist - song title and save all songs in the same folder. But you can also define other rules for the structure of the music files, for example if a new folder should be created for each album.
1. Open the "Music" menu item in Audials and open the upper left dropdown menu "My Music". A menu will open in which your media collections are displayed.
2. Open the options for your PC. Another window will open in which you can choose where Audials should save your audio and video files. From now on Audials will save all recordings in these folders according to their media type.
3. To set more precise rules for structuring and naming your files, click on "Expert" in that window. A further window will appear.
4. Select "Automatically update subfolder and file names ... ... when editing tags" at the bottom of the dialog box.
5. Select how Audials should structure and name your music (and your videos) in the future. Here are some examples with the song Billie Jean from the album Thriller by Michael Jackson:
\Artist - Title.ext
Audials saves new tracks directly in the chosen base folder. The filename of the track contains the name of the artist and the song. Example: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
\Artist - Album - Title.ext
Audials saves new tracks directly in the chosen base folder. The filename of the track contains the name of the artist, the album and the song. Example: Michael Jackson - Thriller - Billie Jean
\Artist\Artist - Title.ext
Audials saves new tracks in folders named by artist. The filename of the track contains the name of the artist and the song. Example: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean in the folder Michael Jackson.
Audials saves new tracks in a folder named by the album. This folder is contained by a folder named by artist, which you find in a folder named by genre. Example: 1 Billie Jean in the folder Thriller. This folder is stored in the folder Michael Jackson. The lastter is stored in the folder 80s.
\Artist\Year\Artist - Title.ext
Example: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean in the folder 1982 that is stored in the folder Michael Jackson.
New in Audials 2022: Specifying your individual rule for folders and file names
Alternatively, you can create own rules that define in which folder your files are stored and how they are named. To do that, click "Add/Edit rules" in the expert window.
Then click " +New Rule".
Now you can click on the plus sign below "Rule" to select genre, album, title and much more information for the naming. Sub-folders are separated from each other by a backslash \.
If you like, give your new rule an individual name and save your entries by clicking OK.