If you experience any of the following problems on your Android device:
- playback of radios, podcasts or recordings always stops after a short time (e.g. always after 5 minutes)
- Recordings do not continue in the background
- Alarm clock, sleep timer or scheduled recordings do not start reliably
Then the reason is probably that the background operation of the Audials app is restricted by the Android system to save energy.
To solve the problem
- Make sure that the Audials app is excluded from energy-saving measures in the system settings, so that it is permitted for background use, for example.
You will find such settings for example under "Settings > Battery", or also under "Settings > Apps > Audials > Battery".
The type of energy saving measures your device actually has in place depends on your Android version and the manufacturer of your device. Some manufacturers have implemented quite rigorous and difficult to disable mechanisms. You can find helpful hints, information and instructions for your device on the Internet.
- Check whether you have installed a "power saving" app or similar third-party app that restricts the use of other apps and adjust the settings of this app accordingly.