Audials Screen Recording tool records the output of your computer screen.
The Screen Recording tool doesn't work as automated and elegant as direct recording tool. For example, the controls of the video player are recorded whenever they are visible.
However, the Screen Recording tool is the most reliable tool when it comes to video detection. All that it needs is a video picture on your screen, accompanied by an audio signal. This makes Record from screen a good fallback tool if a video cannot be detected or recorded by direct recording.
Additionally, the "Record screen" tool is able to capture videos including subtitles, for most of the websites.
With the function "Record screen" you are able to record your own webinars, just by deactivating "Wait for sound to start".
Step-by-Step: Recording from screen
- In the navigation, go to"Video Streaming".
- Click "Other Source / Screen Recording", and then click "Screen recording".
- Play the desired video in your web browser.
- Set up the recording area, which is indicated with a blue rectangle.
- Pause the video, and rewind it to the beginning, or to the point you want the recording to
start from, respectively.
- Click "Record", and then play the video.
With the "Record screen, auto detect" function, Audials starts the recording automatically after the video starts and stops shortly after the video has finished playing. In manual mode, only with "Wait for sound to start" activated, the reording stops automatically after the video has finished. You can also stop the recording yourself, at any point.