A log file is a text file which contains a protocol of the technical operations of the software. This protocol allows the technical support team and the software developers to understand the exact behavior of the software.
To create log files for Audials PC
- Start Audials One.
- Go to Options.
- Under Troubleshooting, select Extended logging, and then click OK.
Repeat the steps that lead to your problem.
- Go to Options > General, and then under Troubleshooting, click Open log folder (afterwards close Audials)
- Press Alt + Up Arrow to go up to the parent folder.
- Right-click the folder "Log", point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new compressed folder is created in the log folder, usually named "Log.zip".
- Attach the zip file to your support request.
To manually access the log files
If your Audials installation doesn't even start, or if you run into other problems following the above procedure, you can manually access the log file folder.
- Press the Windows key, and then type in "File Explorer" and press the Enter key (or simply press "Press Win+E").
- Press Ctrl + L and enter "%localappdata%\Audials\Audials 2020".
- Select the "Log" folder.
- Follow steps 6 and 7 above.