Transfer radio favorites, subscribed podcasts, playlists, storage settings etc. from Audials 2018 to Audials 2019, or from one PC to another.
- The following is strongly recommended to maximize the chance to transfer your user data, in any situation, even a re-installation after a hard-drive failure.
- Keep the old version installed, and install the new version side-by-side, on the same PC.
- Uninstall the old version only after all your user data is correctly transferred.
- Sign up for an Audials account and keep your installation signed in, always.
- Even if you install the software on another PC, or the old installation is lost for example due to a hard drive crash, a great part of your user data can be transferred via Audials account. Additionally, the Audials account lets you connect and transfer user data also to your other devices, such as a smartphone.
Step-by-Step: Transferring user data
- If Audials 2019 is already installed and running, close it and start Audials 2018.
- Sign in to your Audials account with Audials 2018.
If you don't have an account yet, you can sign up now.
- Export all data marked as "manually (export, import)" in Table 1.
Table 1. Diverse user data and its corresponding ways to transfer
Type of user data Installation on same PC Installation on different PC Favorites (radio stations, podcasts, music tv) automatically semi-automatically (via Audials account) User playlists automatically semi-automatically (via Audials account) Output storages, including folder and naming rules automatically semi-automatically (via Audials account) Anywhere devices automatically semi-automatically (via Audials account) Media collection automatically - Automatic playlists (including "Last 1000") automatically - "Reviewed" state of recordings automatically - Wishlists automatically semi-automatically (via Audials account)
- Close Audials 2018.
- If you haven't done so already, download and install Audials 2019.
- Start Audials 2019 and sign in to your Audials account with Audials 2019.
All available user data is now transferred to Audials 2019.
You can now uninstall Audials 2018.