Audials does not play ads
Many other manufacturers of radio apps add additional advertising to the radio streams to finance the development of the app.
We think advertising jingles are just pretty annoying. That's why our Audials apps don't play ads.
Why do I still hear ads on some radio streams?
Even though our app does not, quite a few stations themselves do play advertisements:
- Like classical radios, a few minutes of ads is played in between shows, or before the news.
- Via ad services, an ad voiceover is put on top of the stream right after tuning in, and sometimes even repeated in certain intervals, abruptly interrupting whatever is playing.
- To make it even worse, sound level of the ad might differ from the sound level of the station.
Whether or not you hear advertisements on Internet radio stations may depend on the following factors:
- which stations you listen to
- your location, as determined by IP detection (this is also why you may hear ads in your language, even if you listen to a foreign station)
- your Internet provider
- how you play the station (with a browser, or with an app like Audials)
What can I do about it?
Our "Ads" marker can help you find stations that play less ads, or even no ads at all, after tuning in.
Also, when an ad service is specifically annoying (e.g. too frequent, or louder than the stream), you can consider to get in touch with the station operator to let them know about your experience with the ad service they booked.
I have been using Audials for years and love it. I just got a subscription to Calmradio. I listened to it from within Audials. Now I would like to record, without the ads, from within Audials. is this possible?
If you can get the URL from this radio station, then it is possible to add manually as a new radio station.
Please sign in to leave a comment.